Category Archives: Digital Resources
Protected: Week 4 Maker Resources
Protected: Additional Maker Resources
Protected: Week 2 Maker Resources
David Suzuki turned 80 in March!
- Read about his accomplishments and contributions to Canada:
David Suzuki – The Canadian Encyclopedia (English)
David Suzuki – The Canadian Encyclopedia (French)
2. Explore The Nature of Things Jr. on CBC’s website
Featured image: Courtesy of Sturla Gunnarsson
Pacific Underwater Calendar: Spring
Did you spot any sea life over spring break?
Here is a link to an interesting article about what sea life is like along the Pacific coast in the spring.
Pacific Underwater Calendar: Spring is in the air and the water.
What you can do to help protect sea life (from the David Suzuki Foundation):
- Join the B.C. Cetacean Sightings Network and collect data on cetaceans and sea turtles
- Monitor marine mammal populations with a digital app, such as Whale mAPP.
- Explore the underwater oceans around the world with Google Street View Oceans.
Want to learn about the ocean all year round? Visit the Pacific Underwater Calendar!
Featured Image: Credit to L. Lane, Parksville, BC for this great shot of sea lions with very full bellies after feasting on migrating herring!