Mission Public School District has access to various resources in the British Columbia Digital Classroom (BCDC).
Each school has its own login and password.
Contact your Teacher Librarian to get the log-in information.
There are many great K-6 resources including:
Access to more EBSCO Resources:
Examples include: Canadian Points of View, Canadian Student Research Centre, Explora Primary (Canada), Explora Canada.
Access EBSCO Magazines :
- Jack and Jill: Health focus (US) (Ages 7-10)
- Ask: Science focus (US)
- Canadian Geographic: (Physical, Human, Historical Geography, Earth Science, Social Studies)
- ChildArt: (US) (Ages 8-12) (Critical Thinking, Creativity)
- Cricket: (US) (Ages 6-14) (Literacy, Promotes love of reading)
- Fun for Kidz: (US) (Children’s Interst)
- Highlights: (US) (Children’s Interest) (Connections to Science, Arts, Social Studies)
- Horse and Rider (US): (Equestrian sports) (Physical Education, Passion Projects, Animal Science)
- Kayak: Canada’s History Magazine for Kids (Ages 7-11) (Social Studies)
Access to a list of EBSCO Databases:
Other Recommended Databases:
Remember to give credit to the image creator!
Free, copyright-friendly photos for education
“Age Appropriate Images – All images are appropriate for the school setting, thanks to Flicker SafeSearch and our proprietary filters. Automatic Citation – Downloaded images automatically cite the author and the image license terms. Creative Commons – All photos shown are, to the best of our (and Flickr’s) knowledge, licensed by Creative Commons for public use.”