SUMMER READING CLUBS
“Imagine the possibilities! Dream and discover endless possibilities all summer when you join FVRL’s 2019 Summer Reading Club. There is a club for everyone!
- Read To Me (0 to Preschool) Share stories, record reading, collect stickers, win prizes and get a medal.
- Kids (grades K to 6) Collect a reading record, enter prize draws, come to fun shows and earn a medal. Just read every day!
- Teens (grades 7 to 12) Read. Record. Repeat. It begins when you pick up an SRC reading record. Includes chances to win fantastic prizes.
- Adults Take home a reading record and mark your reading to enter prize draws. The more you read, the more chances to win.
How do I join? Sign up starts June 21 and continues throughout the summer. Visit your favourite FVRL location to join.
How does it work? You and your family members can pick up a reading record at your local library! Record every day that you read for fifteen minutes or more! You can read at home, in the library, on a beach, anywhere! Once you have recorded seven days of reading, come back to the library for stickers and prizes!
Programs and Events
It wouldn’t be Summer Reading Club without a great lineup of events throughout the summer. We have storytellers, puppet shows, parties, awards ceremonies and more! Check out our spectacular guest performers at a library near you.
- The Great Gordini: Join the Great Gordini for a show filled with magic tricks, wacky fun, and a lot of opportunities to participate.
- Karima Essa: Experience the magic and joy of dance and storytelling as Karima Essa performs Bollywood dance.
- Tiffany Stone: Join poet Tiffany Stone for poems and rhymes about flaming flamingos, baaaad animals and rainbow colored clothes.
- The Well Worn Trail: Discover fascinating facts about Canadian animals and their habitats. Storytellers Rob and Lillian use puppetry, songs and story to kindle the wonder of nature.
Visit our Events page for a full list of SRC 2019 Events!
Accessible Summer Reading Club
The possibilities you explore this summer are limited only by your imagination when you join 2019 Summer Reading Club!” (Source: FVRL, 2019)