Here are some new book trailers to watch and think about:
The Wolf, the Duck and the Mouse:
This House, Once (song adapted from the book)
Red and Lulu:
Check out Mrs. Bout’s Book Trailer Playlist from Silverdale Library!
Click on the links below to find resources from the EarthPLAY Toolkit or visit the Earth Day Canada website.
Stay tuned for a School Assembly video, being released April 1st!
Earth Day Reading:
Visit your school library to borrow books about the Earth and protecting it. Some books to look for are:
Complete EarthPLAY Toolkit 2017
Earth PLAY Posters
Pop-Up Playground: Tips and Materials
Playing Outside in All Weather: Guide
Newsletter and Social Media content
Tips for Engaging Your School Community
OWL Kids has some new ways to share stories that you might like to try.
Playlist of Animal Stories (Videos):
Listen to Chirp Stories: Audio
Create your own stories with puppets! (Click on the image.)
Chirp Blog (ages 3-6)
ChickaDEE Blog (ages 6-9)
OWL Blog (ages 9-13)
The Riot of Reading Solutions 15th annual Family Literacy Fair is on Saturday, January 28th from 11 – 3 pm at Ecole Mission Central.
The theme for this year’s Family Literacy Day is “Learn at Play, Every Day”.
Exciting events taking place that day include:
- Pizza, cake and refreshments.
- The Great Gordini magic performance at 1 pm.
- The Bhangra Dancers from Dashmesh Panjabi School.
- Zumba Dancer, Timea from Latinflavoursfitness.
- Neon the clown will be working the crowds and tying balloon animals to delight the crowds until his hands give out.
- Clifford the Big Red Dog and Geronimo Stilton the Detective Mouse will be partying with us.
- Holly Gallant will be bringing her Powwow Drum.
How will you participate in Family Literacy Day? Here are some ideas for inspiration:
Source: ABC Life Literacy Learn at Play, Everyday Activities (English and French)