Message from the organizers (Mission Arts Council):
This year the Mission Arts Council’s 22nd annual Fraser Valley Children’s Festival is on June 10th, 2018 at Fraser River Heritage Park, from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Admission is FREE, and parking is by donation. There will be some food trucks on location, but you’re welcome to bring a picnic lunch.
WE WANT YOU TO HAVE A GOOD TIME AT THE FESTIVAL
1. Dress for the weather Rain or shine, the Festival will go on! Make sure to pack a raincoat or umbrella for a wet day and sunscreen for a sunny day!
2. Be safe and courteous. Don’t forget the buddy system! All children must be accompanied by an adult. Respect the personal space of all performers by ensuring the children are at a safe distance. Roving Performers are people too!
3. Arrive any time between 10 am and 4pm. At our main stage we do have a tight schedule and we try to have all shows start on time. Come early, check out the event and pick the show you want to see. Get your favourite seat, either on the grass or even better bring a lawn chair, sit back, relax and enjoy the show!
4. Plan your day; there is a lot to do and see at the Fraser Valley Children’s Festival. In addition to all of the great Festival shows and activities, you never know what creative fun will happen at the Festival, so leave a little time for the unexpected! In addition to theChildren’s Festival have a walk around the beautiful Fraser River Heritage Park and enjoy the vista’s of the Fraser River and Sumas Mountain.
5. Nourish the soul and your belly Plan to have lunch at the Festival. Our vendors provide good healthy food and yummy treats, or if you like, bring a picnic. There are lots of places on site to sit down and enjoy a lunch!