Reading Strategy for Families: Echo Reading
Developed by Dr. Janet Mort, Joyful Literacy Interventions
Click here to download a .pdf version.
Sample e-books to practice with:
Literacy Place e-books (K-3):
These e-books have the option to read-along with highlighted sentences, read on your own, or use them to ‘Echo Read’ with children. Here are the steps to access books at various primary grade levels:
- Go to: http://scholastic.ca/education/free_digital_resources/
- Choose Literacy Place Shared e-Reading
- Go to the grade and scroll down the list for the book you want to read.
- Click here to open a document that explains the features of the e-reader.
Grade 1 suggestion:
Grade 2 suggestion:
Grade 3 suggestion:
- K-3: Many of the Literacy Place e-books come with a comprehensive teaching plan for early literacy development. Here are some of the features: